PSgreSQL Driver Security question..

From: Jeff Silberberg <jsilberberg(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PSgreSQL Driver Security question..
Date: 2003-05-30 18:48:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Afternoon,

I have recently completed some major upgrades to a long standing
production installation but have one hanging issue. The server now has an
updated V7.3 pg_hba.conf which enforces md5 user password security on all
external connections. Well all the application links work fine, but I can
no longer get a connection to the server through the PGSQLODBC 7.03.01.0000
(which I installed thinking it was the older driver release I was on) from
MS Access . Now, if I open a ssh tunnel and access the box as a "trusted"
user all is fine. Am I missing an option setting or is MD5 just not
supported by the driver yet ??

TIA,
JMS..

Jeffrey Silberberg