Postmaster don't start

From: Ekkehard Schwaar <schwaar(at)Informatik(dot)TU-Cottbus(dot)DE>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postmaster don't start
Date: 2003-11-05 10:48:49
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello, I have tried without success to start the postmaster in Cygwin some
hours. I use a AMD2200+ , 256 RAM with Windows XP SP1 prof. It wasn't an
error message in /var/log or in the event protocol of Win-XP to see. The
postmaster started without errors after I inserted the user postgres in the
administrator group. Unfortunately, no note was in the README. Please
write it down for the other users.

Sincerely
Ekkehard Schwaar