Re: No flamefest please, MySQL vs. PostgreSQL AGAIN

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: timeless postgres <pvspam-postgres(at)hacklab(dot)net>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No flamefest please, MySQL vs. PostgreSQL AGAIN
Date: 2003-05-12 19:46:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

>.
>
>I also feel I should point out that in a lot of the cases I have seen
>mysql replication used because they couldn't get a single mysql instance
>to scale up enough. Given that postgresql scales so well, it cuts down
>on the need to have a replication solution, which is probably part of
>the reason why we have gone so long without one.

We would be interested in replication, so reporting could be done against a
different server than production.

>Robert Treat

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Naomi Walker Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc.
nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com 602-604-3100
Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds water.
Swedish Proverb

Eldorado Test Disclaimer...please ignore.