Re: loading and unloading rows

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
Cc: Bhuvan A <bhuvansql(at)myrealbox(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: loading and unloading rows
Date: 2002-11-02 20:44:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Exactly. My Informix background is showing. Is there a way to officially
get this put on a to do list? I'd be most appreciative of the value this adds.

Slightly off subject, is there a way to read from one cluster and insert
into a database in another cluster (local or remote)? I think I read this
is coming in the future. In Informix-land, we used to do this through a
named pipe. It was quite handy.