Re: Postgres under CygWin

From: Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general(at)pexicom(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres under CygWin
Date: 2002-05-24 17:26:53
Lists: pgsql-general

>I can't think of any reason to expect problems at that stage. Our dump
>files are usually pretty portable across different systems.

FWIW, I agree with Tom.

I ported our 200+ meg database from Linux to Cygwin (back when 7.1.3 was
the most recent, perhaps six months ago) to test to see if it would be
possible to run our application on a "single Windows box" for use at trade
shows, merely as a demonstration.

I had no problems loading the dumps and running the app. It was vastly less
friendly than running on Linux, of course, but that is not unexpected.

I can't speak to stability though; I didn't do extensive testing.

Doug