Re: replication?

From: Adam Manock <abmanock(at)planetcable(dot)net>
To: Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio(at)mmrd(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replication?
Date: 2001-07-18 22:28:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

from: http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?backup.html :
"pg_dump -h host1 dbname | psql -h host2 dbname"

You could run this out of cron on your internal DB server (host1)

And use a firewall rule like:

# Allow internal DB server to use TCP for DB dumps
pass in quick proto tcp from ip_of_host1 to ip_of_host2 port = 5432 flags
S/FSRPAU keep state

The rule above is for IP Filter http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/

Adam