Re: Where are my tables physically in the fs?

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: Egyud Csaba <csegyud(at)freemail(dot)hu>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where are my tables physically in the fs?
Date: 2002-12-14 10:38:33
Lists: pgsql-general

The tables are in $PGDATA/base.

For an easy way to find out what the numbers mean check out
contrib/oid2name in the postgresql source distribution.

I personally can't remember the manual way, but it involves doing selects
on the system tables. You might be able to figure out what SQL to use by
either checking oid2name or running psql -E and then using the \d commands.

Link.