PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name length

From: Henry Pedask <henry(at)sekretar(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name length
Date: 2002-11-21 10:05:11
Lists: pgsql-general

I want to use PostgreSQL with this CMS system EZ Publish
But installation manual of EZ Publish says that if I want to use PostgreSQL with EZ, Postgre has to be compiled with:
NAMEDATALEN 64 (instead of 32)
in the source file : src/include/postgres_ext.h
When I compile postgre 7.2.3 with that change, it compiles ok, but it can't create databases/database tables on my RedHat8.0 system. (I can create tables without that change)
'initdb' crashes.

If they suggests to do that, I guess it should be possible, but with which version of postgre and/or on which system is such a change possible?