Re: OPAQUE and 7.2-7.3 upgrade

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OPAQUE and 7.2-7.3 upgrade
Date: 2002-09-13 03:55:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 01:42 PM 13/09/2002 +1000, Philip Warner wrote:

>Not all functions would need to use these, but when a user defines a
>function they could be checked. And in the case of the plpgsql handlers,
>they would of course be defined.

ISTM that this problem comes about because we allow an external function to
be defined incorrectly (ie. the db says it returns type A, the function
really returns type B) - and we should be addressing that problem.

As I said in an earlier post, it might be good in the future to apply this
to function args as well.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_