Time difference changed in 7.2

From: Alfred Tuinman <alfred(at)odyssey(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Time difference changed in 7.2
Date: 2002-02-19 14:39:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem but haven't seen a reply with a solution as
yet. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks, Alfred Tuinman

From: Gurunandan R. Bhat <grbhat(at)exocore(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [GENERAL] Time difference changed in 7.2
Date: 18 Feb 2002 21:59:08 +0530

Hi,

The difference between two times (interval) seems to have undergone a
change from 7.1 to 7.2. For example
'1:00'::time - '23:00'::time = @ 2 hours in 7.1 and,
'1:00'::time - '23:00'::time = @ 22 hours ago in 7.2.
I assume there must be some sound reason for this change, but I have
used time differences at loads of places in my considerably large
application and the whole thing goes (not surprisingly) completely
haywire.
Is there some way I can revert to the old behaviour? Downgrading my
postgres version is not a choice :). IAC, since
'23:00'::time + '1:00'::interval = '1:00'::time,

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 169 bytes