Re: Compiling 7.1.3 pgsql under cygwin 1.3 on W2000

From: "Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling 7.1.3 pgsql under cygwin 1.3 on W2000
Date: 2002-02-17 23:28:04
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason

Thanks! I feel a bit of a duffer as I discovered this very option about 10
mins after posting my message. I have indeed used the prebuilt one. However
I have only got as far as trying to start postmaster once, which it did OK,
but then I thought I could exit Cygwin to allow postmaster to run in
background and caused myself no end of grief -- is it true that cygwin must
remain loaded whilst pgsql runs? Anyway to 'hide' the cygwin window (i.e.
not even have it minimised, or sent to the tray for example?)

Thanks

Tim.