User Permissions

From: Braum Meakes <braum(at)telus(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: User Permissions
Date: 2002-01-17 22:27:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I have a function that I've written in plpgsql. In it I lock a table
before selecting a value and, depending on the value, either update the
record selected or insert a new one. It works perfectly when I run it as a
super-user or as the owner of the table. However, as a standard user I am
unable to lock the table. How do I either run the function at the owners
level, or change the permissions on the table to allow the user to lock it?

I am unable to lock the table as a standard user at any time, not just when
running the function.

Thanks in advance,

Braum Meakes