Dropping a table

From: Mo Holkar <pgsql(at)digitalmindgames(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL novice list <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Dropping a table
Date: 2001-04-01 17:42:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

Apols if the answer to this is obvious.

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.0.3 and using psql. I issue the command 'DROP TABLE
playermain' where playermain is a table that I own, but it doesn't seem to
have any effect. I don't get an error message, or a successful completion
message, and \d reveals that the table is still present. I do have the
CREATEDB ability.

This is what I'm seeing:

playerdb-# DROP TABLE playermain
playerdb-# \d
List of relations
Name | Type | Owner
playermain | table | mo
(1 row)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mo

Mo Holkar
Digital Mind Games -- log on to take over
mo(dot)holkar(at)digitalmindgames(dot)com
http://www.digitalmindgames.com