Error creating user

From: Mo Holkar <pgsql(at)digitalmindgames(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error creating user
Date: 2001-03-23 00:43:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I've got a new installation of Postgres 7.0.3 under Red Hat 7.0, have got
as far as the postmaster seems to be working OK, but when I try and create
a user account I get the following error:

/usr/bin/psql: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/bin/psql:
undefined symbol: pg_encoding_to_char

Can anyone please shed any light on this for a very ignorant novice?

Thanks,

Mo

Mo Holkar
Digital Mind Games -- log on to take over
mo(dot)holkar(at)digitalmindgames(dot)com
http://www.digitalmindgames.com