Re: Passing table names to PL/PGSQL for SELECT/UPDATE/INSERT

From: Gerald Gutierrez <pozix(at)home(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Passing table names to PL/PGSQL for SELECT/UPDATE/INSERT
Date: 2001-03-05 01:38:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've found the discussion to which you have referred:

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/2001-02/msg00157.html

but was unable to find the documentation for the EXECUTE command. From the
discussion it seemed to me that doing an "INSERT" into a table of variable
name cannot be done now. It is unfortunate, but I guess nothing can be done
about it now.