Alternate locations of DB's

From: "Brian C(dot) Doyle" <brian(at)jbbent(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Alternate locations of DB's
Date: 2000-10-25 11:52:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

How do I get Postgresql to use independantly seperate db
locations. Currently I have them under /home/user/database and as long as
i get postmaster to run with that same location I am fine but I want to have
/home/user/database
/home/user1/database
/home/userr2/database
ect...

But I can only get one instance of the postmaster running at a time . How
do i change that if i can!