Lost one tablespace - can't access whole database

From: Stefan Tzeggai <tzeggai(at)wikisquare(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Lost one tablespace - can't access whole database
Date: 2012-05-05 21:19:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

postgresql 9.1 on Ubuntu 10.04

My database was spread over multiple tablespaces, spread over mutliple
discs. Now i lost one of the discs = one tablespace.
The database does start, but when I try to access the database, it complains

psql: FATAL: could not open file ...

I tried to point the symlink in pg_tblspc/ to a new directory, but it is
looking for files there now...

All important information is in the other tablespaces. I would be
totally happy to just loose all relations in that lost tablespace. It's
just indexes. Is there any way to tell PG to drop/ignore that tablespace
and access the database?

Many thanks in advance
Steve