Re: Switching python app from sqlite to postgres

From: Monte Milanuk <memilanuk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Switching python app from sqlite to postgres
Date: 2012-04-15 21:37:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 04/15/2012 12:28 PM, Bob McConnell wrote:

> So I now have sqlite3 installed in Python 2, but not in Python 3.
> Originally, it was not available in Python 2 either. So the standard
> package installed it with Python 2.

Sounds like you have a problem specific to Slacware then - or at least
to the source version - as sqlite3 is supposed to be included by default
as part of *all* python versions since 2.5. I will admit that my
experience with python has all been on systems that use a package
manager such as apt or yum - python/sqlite 'just works' on vanilla
installs of Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Scientific, openSuSE, etc.

Good luck,

Monte