Re: Last gasp

From: Jay Levitt <jay(dot)levitt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alex <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Last gasp
Date: 2012-04-14 21:34:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alex wrote:
> I didn't follow this whole thread, but have we considered Redmine[1]?

As the resident "Ruby is shiny, let's do everything in Rails on my MacBook"
guy, I'd like to make a statement against interest: I've tried Redmine a few
times and it's been painful. Much of the codebase is deprecated, it's slow,
it has no meaningful search (in 2012?!), I've seen wiki edits disappear, and
at the moment pulling up its own FAQ page at redmine.org times out.

Maybe you've had better luck with it, but whenever I've Googled for Redmine
questions, the collective Internet has sighed and said "Yeah, it was a
really good idea, though."

Jay Levitt