Re: Last gasp

From: Jay Levitt <jay(dot)levitt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Last gasp
Date: 2012-04-12 22:11:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Now what would be sort of neat is if we had a way to keep all the
> versions of patch X plus author and reviewer information, links to
> reviews and discussion, etc. in some sort of centralized place.

FWIW: y'all might have discussed to death during the git migration, so
*please* do not let me derail you if so...

github does a great job of exactly this. You open an issue, you reference
it from commits, all the related commits are listed in (and browseable from)
the issue, you can comment on specific lines of the commit, it integrates
w/email, it has an API to write tools (both workflow and archival) against,
etc.

Rather than extend the CF app into a trivial-patch workflow app, it might be
worth looking at integrating it with github.

Jay Levitt