Re: Regarding GSoc proposal

From: dmp <danap(at)ttc-cmc(dot)net>
To: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regarding GSoc proposal
Date: 2012-04-10 00:20:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Atri Sharma wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I submitted a proposal for GSoc 2012.Please review it and let me know
> your comments.
>
> The link is:
>
> https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/atrisharma/1001
>
> Atri

The purpose of this is? Several database access tools already provide generic
interfaces to several data sources at any one time. If the purpose is to pull
data from a foreign database into PostgreSQL perhaps there is a need for that
functionality, though I can think of more straight forward approaches than this
wrapper methodology. Perhaps this would be a good exercise, but I guess I'm not
understanding the exact purpose or need for this.

If work is to be performed with the PostgreSQL JDBC wouldn't a task which the
community desires completed to update/expand the functionality of the JDBC
be more appropriate?

danap.