Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.
Date: 2012-02-16 04:26:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 2/15/2012 1:01 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 10:36 -0700, John Abraham wrote:
>
>> 2) copy with headers. I use this every day on SQL Server
>> Management Studio to select data and copy them out, then paste them
>> into another app (usually Excel.) With PGAdmin I select and copy
>> the data, paste them into Excel, then *manually* type the column
>> headers.

1+++++. I've used this forever in Toad and it is very handy for a quick
copy and paste into a spreadsheet or email. Very annoying with PgAdmin
to have to repeatedly type in column headers by hand. While we're on
the subject :), another feature from Toad I miss is the ability to
select a copy format (HTML, delimited text, etc.) While Toad has many
options, I've never used more than those two, so adding an HTML option
would be quite handy for pasting an already-formatted table into HTML email.

Thanks.

--
Guy Rouillier