Re: BUG #6391: insert does not insert correct value

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "John Udick" <John(dot)Udick(at)zionsbancorp(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: BUG #6391: insert does not insert correct value
Date: 2012-01-11 16:37:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

John Udick <John(dot)Udick(at)zionsbancorp(dot)com> wrote:

> We did notice that although now() failed, changing this to
> 'now()'::date works (using single quotes around now()).

That seem unrelated to the now() function. Casting a literal to a
date/time/timestamp supports parsing out certain keywords, like
'now', 'today', 'yesterday', and 'tomorrow'. It's probably ignoring
those parentheses.

> Also, apparently we are not truly a Postgres database, but EMC's
> Greenplum database. I will be working with our admins and EMC,
> unless someone in Postgres can point out a specific version that
> resolved this issue.

> "PostgreSQL 8.2.15 (Greenplum Database 4.1.1.5 build 1) on
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.4.2 compiled
> on Sep 20 2011 11:09:08"

Yeah, I don't know how much the community lists can help with that
implementation. It seems there is a bug in that version, but it
might not be present in the community version.

-Kevin