Server Configuration Tool not working

From: "Jerrold \"Eric\" Thompson" <jet(at)whidbey(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Server Configuration Tool not working
Date: 2012-01-05 07:57:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am using pgadmin3, v1.10.5 on Debian Squeeze with PostgreSQL 8.4

I have installed the adminpack, by running the following:

su - postgres
psql template1 < /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/adminpack.sql

The output was:

CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION

However, the server configuration tool is still not available under the
tools menu.
This is true even when I am logged in as superuser.

Shows up highlighted before connecting to a database, but then it is no
longer selectable.

Thanks,

Jet