Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?
Date: 2004-03-01 04:31:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mar 1, 2004, at 5:24 AM, Robert Treat wrote:

> The problem is that if we modify these classes/packages and then make
> them a
> part of our source tree, we are bound by whatever license terms the
> packages
> come with. Since we offer our code as BSD, we cannot include code
> that would
> restrict our ability to license the web code under BSD. We can use
> the lgpl
> classes provided in PEAR so long as it's not required the code be put
> into
> our source tree, but lifting code from one of these and including it
> in our
> code is not acceptable.

Fine, thanks for the clarification. Just for the sake of transparency
I am working on my own code implementation for the IP2country on
postgresql mirrors,
nothing borrowed from horde to avoid any possible trouble. I will
upload on my beta space as soon as possible.

It should be fine as pear classes are not part of the source three as
these are only in the include dir (which is outside of the three).
I will not modify any existing pear class.

BTW Pear classes are released under PHP license, this should be
different then LGPL isn't it ?

Cheers
David