Re: Installing different PostgreSQL versions in parallel

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing different PostgreSQL versions in parallel
Date: 2011-12-07 06:55:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/06/11 10:37 PM, Rafael Ostertag wrote:

>> > its apparent to me from the /opt/csw prefix he mentions that he's
>> > building PostgreSQL for the Blastwave/OpenCSW Solaris software
>> > repositories, and HAS to put the libs in /opt/csw/lib due to project
>> > policies.
>> >
> Exactly. Thanks for clarification on this.

afraid I don't have much int he way of suggestions for you to achieve
that goal. I install my Solaris postgres builds into

/opt/(mygroup)/pgsqlXX/

and their lib and bins and everything are in that path, then when I
launch them, I expressly put the data somewhere like /u02/pgsqlXX/data

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast