Re: stored function data structures - difficulty

From: "J(dot)V(dot)" <jvsrvcs(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: stored function data structures - difficulty
Date: 2011-11-29 17:53:27
Lists: pgsql-general

this is a ton of documentation to wade through, it literally would take
weeks to go through, and many trials and errors, fiddling to get what I
need (if I ever get that far).

Is there specific documentation / tutorial that will guide me on:

*a way to programatically:
1. Given a table name, find all foreign key fields in the given
table by field name (column name)
2. Given a single foreign key field name, programatically look up
the corresponding reference table name and the reference primary key field

store this information in some data structure that I can iterate through?
*
like I said before, given my deadlines, it would be much faster for me
to simply hard code all of the data for 100 tables and put it in a data
structure than figure out the query I need with the stack of
documentation to sort through and find what I need. I am simply looking
for a data structure that can be used and a way to iterate through. I
just need to know if this is possible and an example.