Re: 9.1.2 ?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.1.2 ?
Date: 2011-11-09 01:31:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/08/2011 07:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't recall that we've fixed anything since September that seemed to
> warrant an immediate release.

The backup+pg_clog failure issues fixed last week have been a nasty
problem hitting people for a while. Backup corruption is obviously
serious. Only reason I think it wasn't a higher priority issue is that
it didn't happen every time, and the people impacted were eventually
able to work around it. Concern about that problem is why I popped off
a message earlier today, about whether the fixes committed have been
confirmed outside of Simon's own testing.

I was curious how 9.0 fared last year for comparison, here's that data:

Version Date Days Weeks
9.0.0 09/20/10
9.0.1 10/04/10 14 2.0
9.0.2 12/16/10 73 10.4
9.0.3 01/31/11 46 6.6
9.0.4 04/18/11 77 11.0
9.0.5 09/26/11 161 23.0

So the average for the first three point releases was around 6 weeks apart.