Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?
Date: 2011-09-19 15:14:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 19.09.2011 15:50, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> +1 for a closed mailing list. It's a bit annoying to have to do such
>> a thing, but it's not like we haven't got other closed lists for
>> appropriate purposes. I guess the real question is, exactly what will
>> be the requirements for joining?
> Well, one requirement would be agreeing not to share anything discussed
> in public without a vote of the entire group. Annoying, but that's how
> confidential drafts go.

Exactly.

Honestly, I don't expect that it will get a big group.
It is very dry stuff.

> FWIW, the fact that the drafts *are* confidential is symptomatic of
> everything which is wrong with the ISO.

+1 - But all suggestions to change it got rejected.
> Also, Suzanne indicated that summaries of what features were being
> discussed could be posted in public, even if details could not be.

I looked into it - I fear it will get too gibberish.

You sometimes just need the details.

Also - just forwarding it - is much easier and less time intensive for me.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com