Re: fstat vs. lseek

From: Andrea Suisani <sickpig(at)opinioni(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kohei Kaigai <Kohei(dot)Kaigai(at)emea(dot)nec(dot)com>
Subject: Re: fstat vs. lseek
Date: 2011-09-16 13:19:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi

On 08/08/2011 07:50 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Andres Freund<andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
>> If its ok I will write a mail to lkml referencing this thread and your numbers
>> inline (with attribution obviously).
>
> That would be great. Please go ahead.

I've just stumbled across this thread on lkml [1]
"Improve lseek scalability v3".

and I thought to ping pgsql hackers list
just in case, more to the point they're
asking "are there any real workloads which care
[Make generic lseek lockless safe]"

maybe I've got it wrong but it seems somewhat
related to what has been discussed here and
also in Robert Haas's "Linux and glibc Scalability"
blog post [1].

[cut]

Andrea

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/9/15/399