9.0, 9.1 RPM based parallel execution?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.0, 9.1 RPM based parallel execution?
Date: 2011-09-13 01:58:58
Lists: pgsql-general

so I have a centos6 machine running the 9.0.latest from the
yum.postgresql.org repo...

I'd like to bring up 9.1 on it in parallel, on a different port and
directory. but I still want 9.0 to be the default install... I was
looking at the PG wiki and didn't see this explained.

does anyone know of a 'howto' explaining this? or, if Devrim or someone
wants to explain it here, I'll endeavor to update the wiki after testing
it on my system...

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast