cacti graph templates for check_postgres --dbstats

From: Neal Brown <neal(at)spiceworks(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cacti graph templates for check_postgres --dbstats
Date: 2011-05-12 20:46:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,
I am trying to accurately graph the output of the Bucardo check_postgres --dbstats script for trending over time. We are also setting up Nagios alerts based on the script.

Does anyone have existing graph templates for this usage? The reason I am asking here and not a cacti list is that the data gets collected fine, but I am not familiar enough with RRDtool/Cacti to create informative graphs. The data source and data templates work fine, and cacti picks up all the fields in the output. If no one has any I will just keep digging through RRDtool docs.

Alternatively, does anyone have recommendations for other visual historical trending tools for Postgres?

Thank you in advance. See you guys next week in Ottawa!

Neal Brown
Spiceworks Inc.