Re: TRUNCATE pg_largeobject

From: Tamas Vincze <vincze(at)neb(dot)com>
To: Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TRUNCATE pg_largeobject
Date: 2011-07-25 21:17:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Dmitriy,

pg_largeobject is already empty, I have lo_unlink()'ed everything
from it, but it still takes up the same disk space and memory for
the free page maps. I'm looking at the best way to reclaim the
disk/memory from this otherwise empty table.
Normal VACUUM didn't help and I'd like some advice whether to use
VACUUM FULL or TRUNCATE.

-Tamas