Re: Restore database after drop command

From: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
To: Vibhor Kumar <vibhor(dot)aim(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restore database after drop command
Date: 2011-07-25 07:11:05
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-performance

I go through the link, so it is impossible to get the data back.
I have following files in my pg_xlog directory :

000000010000000700000091
000000010000000700000092
000000010000000700000093
000000010000000700000094
000000010000000700000095
000000010000000700000096
000000010000000700000097
000000010000000700000098

I think I issued the drop database command 1 month ago.
From the manual, I understand that my segment files are recycled to
newer ones :

/The segment files are given numeric names that reflect their position
in the abstract WAL sequence. When not using WAL archiving, the system
normally creates just a few segment files and then "recycles" them by
renaming no-longer-needed segment files to higher segment numbers. It's
assumed that a segment file whose contents precede the
checkpoint-before-last is no longer of interest and can be recycled.

/My archive_status folder is empty.
How would we know that which data these segment files corresponds too.

I followed below steps 1 month ago :
1. Load globdatabase through backup.sql (21 GB)file
2. Insert some data near about 3-4 tables ( KB) data.
3. Drop database globdatabase.
4. Load globdatabase through backup.sql (21GB)file

May be there is chance because we work very rarely on that system.
Now i have the backup file bt I want that 3-4 tables.

Thanks