Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: marking old branches as no longer maintained
Date: 2011-06-28 21:51:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On tis, 2011-06-28 at 17:05 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Couldn't you just put a text file on the build farm server with
>>> recommended branches?
>> As I told Magnus, that gets ugly because of limitations in MinGW's SDK
>> perl. I suppose I could just not implement the feature for MinGW, but
>> I've tried damn hard not to make those sorts of compromises and I'm not
>> keen to start.
> The buildfarm code can upload the build result via HTTP; why can't it
> download a file via HTTP?

It has to use a separate script to do that. I don't really want to add
another one just for this.

(thinks a bit) I suppose I can make it do:

my $url = "http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt";
my $branches_of_interest = `perl -MLWP::Simple -e "getprint(q{$url})"`;

Maybe that's the best option. It's certainly going to be less code than
anything else :-)

cheers

andrew