RELEASE: psycopg 2.4.2

From: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RELEASE: psycopg 2.4.2
Date: 2011-06-13 16:53:03
Lists: psycopg
Hi *,

here we are again with psycopg 2.4.2. Daniele wrote a short article
about it:

and the NEWS file excerpt is attached to this email, as always. You can
download it (and its signature) from the usual location:

Have fun,

What's new in psycopg 2.4.2

  - Added 'set_session()' method and 'autocommit' property to the
    connection. Added support for read-only sessions and, for PostgreSQL
    9.1, for the "repeatable read" isolation level and the "deferrable"
    transaction property.
  - Psycopg doesn't execute queries at connection time to find the
    default isolation level.
  - Fixed bug with multithread code potentially causing loss of sync
    with the server communication or lock of the client (ticket #55).
  - Don't fail import if mx.DateTime module can't be found, even if its
    support was built (ticket #53).
  - Fixed escape for negative numbers prefixed by minus operator
    (ticket #57).
  - Fixed refcount issue during copy.  Reported and fixed by Dave
    Malcolm (ticket #58, Red Hat Bug 711095).
  - Trying to execute concurrent operations on the same connection
    through concurrent green thread results in an error instead of a
  - Fixed detection of pg_config on Window. Report and fix, plus some
    long needed cleanup by Steve Lacy: thanks!

Federico Di Gregorio                         federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio
                   I came like Water, and like Wind I go. -- Omar Khayam

psycopg by date

Next:From: Daniele VarrazzoDate: 2011-06-14 09:42:15