Re: SSI work for 9.1

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Dan Ports" <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: SSI work for 9.1
Date: 2011-06-10 16:05:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:

> I am in full agreement with this patch.

I found that pgindent would like to tweak whitespace in three places
in that patch, and I found an unnecessary include that I would like
to remove. Normally, I would post a new version of the patch with
those adjustments, but there's been a disquieting tendency for
people to not look at what's actually happening with revisions of
this patch and act like the sky is falling with each refinement.

Let me be clear: each posted version of this patch has been safe and
has been an improvement on what came before. Dan and I didn't
disagree about what to do at any point; Dan figured out what to do
with two calls I left alone because I faded before I could work out
how to deal with them. Essentially we collaborated on-list rather
than discussing things off-list and posting the end result. Perhaps
that was a bad choice, but time was short and I had hopes that a
change people had requested could be included in beta2.

Here are the tweaks which should be applied after Dan's last version
of the patch. If people prefer, I'll post a roll-up including them.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/kgrittn/postgres.git;a=commitdiff;h=0258af4168a130af0d1e52294b248d54715b5f72

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/kgrittn/postgres.git;a=commitdiff;h=bb951bacd9700cdbddb0beba338a63bd301b200d

-Kevin