Re: Infinity bsearch crash on Windows

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, mark(dot)watson(at)jurisconcept(dot)ca
Subject: Re: Infinity bsearch crash on Windows
Date: 2011-05-12 06:43:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> SELECT 'INFINITY'::TIMESTAMP;
>>

> Hmm ... I bet this is related to the recent reports about ALTER USER
> VALID UNTIL 'infinity' crashing on Windows. Can the people seeing this
> get through the regression tests? Perhaps more to the point, what is
> their setting of TimeZone? What does the pg_timezone_abbrevs view show
> for them?

I must have missed that thread, I think I'm missing one of these lists
(pgsql-bugs maybe?). I've cc'd Mark Watson so maybe you can get better

Show timezone gives US/Eastern
Select * from pg_timezone_abbrevs returns zero rows

My Linux system that doesn't have this problem is also in US/Eastern,
too, but I get 189 rows in pg_timezone_abrevs.