Error in SSL config documentation?

To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error in SSL config documentation?
Date: 2011-05-07 16:40:22
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello, according to section 17.8.1 of the docs, I have added
"clientcert" to a hostssl line in my pg_hba.conf file, but upon restart
of the server, I'm getting the following error and the server fails to
start up:

LOG: invalid authentication method "clientcert"
CONTEXT: line 82 of configuration file
"/var/lib/pgsql/9.0/data/pg_hba.conf"
FATAL: could not load pg_hba.conf

Changing the "clientcert" to "cert" seems to work. So does this mean the
documentation is incorrect?