Re: PostgreSQL trap, and assertion failed

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Radosław Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
Cc: Pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL trap, and assertion failed
Date: 2011-04-14 08:57:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On 14/04/2011 2:06 PM, Radosław Smogura wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have small crash reporting code, which I use during mmap-ing database. After
> last merge with master I got
>
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(slot> 0&& slot<= PMSignalState->num_child_flags)",
> File: "pmsignal.c", Line: 227)
> LOG: server process (PID 5128) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
> LOG: terminating any other active server processes
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(slot> 0&& slot<= PMSignalState->num_child_flags)",
> File: "pmsignal.c", Line: 189)
>
> I've installed crash reports on sigbus and sigseg signals. May I ask what may
> be wrong, and how to prevent this?

The fact that you mention merging with master, and the fact that you're
trapping signals, suggests that you're running a modified Pg. Without
knowing what your changes are, it's probably going to be hard for anyone
to help. Thanks to the joy of C, it's easy to stamp all over the stack
or the heap, so all sorts of weird and wonderful things can happen in
code unrelated to the real source of the problem...

--
Craig Ringer