Re: Proposal: syntax highlight in html manual

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: syntax highlight in html manual
Date: 2011-04-13 15:48:52
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 13.04.2011 17:02, Tom Lane wrote:
> FWIW, there are very few things in the world that I hate more than
> randomly multicolored text. Almost always, some of it is unreadable
> in a particular viewing context because of poor contrast. And as
> often as not, the stuff that does stand out isn't the most important
> parts of the text.
>
> So no, this isn't a direction I want to see the Postgres documentation
> take.
Tom,

as color blind (blue blind (tritanope)) person I just can say thanks for
that
statement.

Colored text / background is always horrible for color blinds.
The best always is black on white or vise versa.

Susanne
P.S.: btw. my google chrome color filter usually makes the postgresql
elephant
either green or pink

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant