Re: Comments on system tables and columns

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comments on system tables and columns
Date: 2011-03-28 14:44:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em 28-03-2011 08:14, Thom Brown escreveu:
> I notice that none of the system tables or columns thereof bear any
> comments. Is this intentional, or an oversight? I would have thought
> comments would be useful since the column names aren't exactly always
> self-explanatory.

It could be useful in some cases. IIRC the comments are not there to avoid
bloating the catalog. One month ago or so I saw a commit to comment operator
support functions. Maybe it is worth comment system catalog too [1].

[1] http://eulerto.blogspot.com/2010/11/comment-on-catalog-tables.html

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/