Re: Feature proposal: distinguish each PostgreSQL instance in the event log

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature proposal: distinguish each PostgreSQL instance in the event log
Date: 2011-03-22 16:01:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/22/2011 11:35 AM, MauMau wrote:
> I'm sorry that I've mistakenly sent an empty mail. This is the
> intended mail.
>
> "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote in message
>>
>> On 03/22/2011 08:22 AM, MauMau wrote:
>>> I would appreciate your opinions and advice. I'll try making the patch
>>> while I'm waiting for response. I would be very much pleased if I
>>> could contribute to PostgreSQL and my proposal could be included in
>>> 9.1.
>>>

>> It's a good idea, but 9.1 has been closed for new features for some
>> time. This would have to wait for 9.2 I believe.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> andrew
>>

> OK. I'll try to make a patch for 9.2, considering Tom's advice and
> opinion. By that time, I will learn more about PostgreSQL design and
> source code.
>
> I seem to have misunderstood the commit fest. I've re-read the
> development info, and my corrected understanding related to the
> development cycle is as follows:
>
> According to the following two pages, now is the commit fest 5. The
> current commit fest will end on April 15. I would be grateful if you
> could tell me where I can find out that 9.1 is closed for new features.
>
> PostgreSQL 9.1 Development Plan
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Development_Plan
>
> CommitFest 2011-Next (Open)
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=10

The last commitfest for this development cycle opened on January 15th,
as shown in the first URL above, so that was the last date for
submitting items for 9.1 Any items in the next commitfest are for 9.2,
and that is the place to submit your item when you have a patch. There
is no currently running commitfest.

cheers

andrew