Re: Add unistd.h to c.h

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add unistd.h to c.h
Date: 2011-03-11 16:59:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11.03.2011 18:55, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, I am just asking. FYI, we already include a boatload of includes in
> c.h:
>
> #include<stdio.h>
> #include<stdlib.h>
> #include<string.h>
> #include<stddef.h>
> #include<stdarg.h>
> #ifdef HAVE_STRINGS_H
> #include<strings.h>
> #endif
> #ifdef HAVE_STDINT_H
> #include<stdint.h>
> #endif
> #include<sys/types.h>

Presumably all of these are used by something in c.h itself. At least
strings.h is needed by memset, and stddef.h and/or stdlib.h is needed
for size_t. I'm too lazy to check the rest, but if there are any header
files there that are not in fact used by anything in c.h itself, they
should be removed from c.h, rather than going further into that direction.

--
Heikki Linnakangas