Re: Talking about optimizer, my long dream

From: Shaun Thomas <sthomas(at)peak6(dot)com>
To: "mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com" <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
Cc: Віталій Тимчишин <tivv00(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Talking about optimizer, my long dream
Date: 2011-02-04 14:02:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 02/04/2011 07:56 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Hints are a necessary part of the
> optimizer in all other databases. Without hints Postgres will not get
> used in the company that I work for, period.

I've said repeatedly that EnterpriseDB, a fork of PostgreSQL, has the
hints you seek, yet you seem to enjoy berating the PostgreSQL community
as if it owes you something.

Also, we don't care if you don't use PostgreSQL. If I put something up
for free, some random guy not taking it won't exactly hurt my feelings.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See http://www.peak6.com/email_disclaimer.php
for terms and conditions related to this email