Re: Database Design Question

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database Design Question
Date: 2011-02-03 12:51:41
Lists: pgsql-general

> Just trying to understand good DBA design practice. This is obviously
> a very general question but any feedback on what good or bad issues
> would come from me dumping all my tables for applications in one
> database or spread out across multiple databases on PostgreSQL.
>
> Thank you!
As a general rule, whenever you have applications that don't share
anything should not be in the same database. This is because of
flexibility, it is a lot easier to move an application to another server
in the future, if you decide to break them up. If the only thing that is
shared is a users table, I would move the users to ldap.

Sim