Re: Best Linux Distribution

From: "Jason C(dot) Wells" <jcw(at)highperformance(dot)net>
To: Esteban Kemp <ekemp(at)inf(dot)uach(dot)cl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best Linux Distribution
Date: 2005-01-21 06:16:06
Lists: pgsql-general

--On Saturday, January 08, 2005 11:14 AM -0300 Esteban Kemp
<ekemp(at)inf(dot)uach(dot)cl> wrote:

> I'm starting to develop a production enviroment with Postgres and Tomcat,
> And I have to choose between some free linux distribution like:
>
> whitebox
> RHEL
> Fedora
> Suse
>
> Which is the better distribution in terms of postgres? if this has an
> answer

Have you considered something other than linux? Try FreeBSD. I think one
of FreeBSD's active developers is also a PostgreSQL developer. (Fournier
IIRC) FreeBSD is great software and it shares the BSD license with
PostgreSQL.

Later,
Jason C. Wells