Psycgop1 vs Psycopg2

From: Richard Harley <raharley0(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Psycgop1 vs Psycopg2
Date: 2011-01-13 17:37:12
Lists: psycopg

Hello all

I've noticed Psycopg2 handles escaping backslashes differently to
Psycopg1. Currently we use psycopg1 in a large school registration
system which uses a lot of these (think AM / PM \). I think the DA is
sending them though to postgres as \\. But psycopg2 is escaping the next
character - ('a','b','c','/<----) causing issues. On one hand I want to
upgrade to psycopg2 because I know 1 is getting on a bit now...but it
works for the job. Do I need to be overly concerned about how old
Psycopg1 is now? Is upgrading to 2 going to be worth the headache?

Thanks
Richard