beginners autovacuum question

From: u235sentinel <u235sentinel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: beginners autovacuum question
Date: 2011-01-06 01:08:45
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm tracking a problem with our tables being bloated and was curious if
someone regularly kills autovacuum jobs, will autovacuum later reattempt
to vacuum the table it was killed under?

I've made autovacuum more aggressive and given more worker threads. Yet
for some reason we're not keeping up. The tables on this system are
very active (at least many of them are). We have a large database
(above 3.5 TB at this time) on a Sun Solaris Thumper (sunfire 4500
series I believe).

Vacuum does complete when I run it manually on a table. But I'm
suspecting a coworker working late at night be my killing autovacuum.
Reading through the logs right now to see if this is the case.

Thanks!