Re: serializable read only deferrable

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: serializable read only deferrable
Date: 2010-12-08 21:47:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What I suggested was to not allow read-only -> read-write state
> transitions except (1) before first snapshot in the main xact
> and (2) at subxact exit (the OVERRIDE case). That seems to
> accomplish the goal. Now it will also allow dropping down to
> read-only mid-subtransaction, but I don't think forbidding that
> case is worth extra complexity.

Attached is version 2. I think it does everything we discussed,
except that I'm not sure whether I addressed the assign_XactIsoLevel
issue you mentioned, since you mentioned a debug message and I only
see things that look like errors to me. If I did miss something,
I'll be happy to take another look if you can point me to the right
place.

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
read-only-2.patch text/plain 7.8 KB